SRTS Riding Policies
The following policies have been established for your safety and to insure an enjoyable ride and safe operation of the vehicle.
- A trip must be scheduled at least by the prior day and no more than 14 days.
- Hours of service for scheduling rides are: Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. A voice message can be left if unable to call during service hours.
- Be prepared for your ride at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- Cancellations must be phoned into the SRTS office at least one half hour prior to the schedule pick-up time.
- Failing to call will be considered a “No Show”.
- A “no-show” is still expected to pay for service.
- No shows may result in a suspension or termination of service.
- Drivers are not authorized to make unscheduled stops.
- Always use handrails when boarding or exiting the vehicle.
- Use seat belts and remain seated during the trip.
- Infants must be secured in child restraint seats.
- Service animals are welcome.
- One personal care attendant rides free.
- Be courteous.
- Do not eat or drink on-board the vehicle.
- Dispose of all trash appropriately.
- Limit carry-on material to what you can handle without assistance.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs Is prohibited.
- Possession of dangerous or unauthorized materials, such as explosives or firearms is forbidden.
- Contact the SRTS office with complaints, concerns or suggestions.
- SRTS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who conducts themselves in a manner which is deemed dangerous, disruptive or may otherwise impose concerns for the safety of passengers, transit employees or the vehicle.
TDD/TTY users may place a reservation by calling RELAY IOWA: 800-735-2942