The Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council (SIMPCO) is seeking a Regional Planner II to develop and manage projects with cities and counties within the tri-state area of Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota. This position works on broad and diverse projects that have a regional scope and includes projects requiring a high level of detail.
- Community strategic planning
- Comprehensive planning
- Housing plans
- Community Development Block Grants
- Zoning Ordinance development
- Hazard mitigation planning
- Transportation planning
- Economic development planning
- Grant writing, research, and data collection
- Presentation and public speaking
- Travel and attendance at evening meetings in the planning area
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Regional Planning Director and the Executive Director
Background & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited college or university in community development, transportation planning, geography, urban planning or related field with two to four years experience required. Must have valid driver’s license.
Salary: $45,000 to $57,000 DOQ plus benefit package
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
1122 Pierce Street
Sioux City, Iowa, 51105.
Application deadline: February 9, 2018. EOE/AA
The Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council (SIMPCO) is a regional planning agency located in Sioux City, Iowa. The agency is guided by a board of directors comprised of city and county-elected officials, representatives of the private sector and stakeholder organizations. SIMPCO collaborates with local governments in long-range strategic and comprehensive planning, community and economic development activities, transportation planning issues, and regional program management.