The Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council (SIMPCO) is seeking an experienced planner to manage its Regional Planning Department. Duties will include overseeing and facilitating the development of local and regional plans and deliverables from each of the department’s programs. The position will work on the following items:
- Assists the Executive Director to develop and coordinate planning projects/studies/partnerships to fit under the mission of the organization
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors the scope of work within projects and budgets of the Planning Department
- Communicates and coordinates planning projects with the Accounting Department
- Communicates and interacts with elected officials, members and administrators of organizations as requested and on behalf of the Executive Director
- Provides immediate supervision and training of Regional Planners
- Responds to inquiries for data, information on a particular planning process or program and public policies, procedures and regulations
- Participates in committees/boards at the request and on behalf of the Executive Director
- Establishes, implements and /or oversees methodologies for planning documents/studies
- Assists with outreach and marketing to members
- Develops proposals for projects and studies
- Oversees the MPO and Regional Transportation Planning Association
- Oversees the development of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in local comprehensive planning, land-use, zoning, transportation planning, economic development, housing, public infrastructure, utilities, as well as experience in grant writing, specifically Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).
Background and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in community development, transportation planning, geography, urban planning or related field from an accredited college or university. With at least two years of managerial experience.
$60,000 – $97,000. Salary will depend on qualifications
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: SIMPCO, 1122 Pierce Street, Sioux City, Iowa, 51105. Application deadline: January 17, 2020. EOE/AA
The Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council (SIMPCO) is a regional planning agency located in Sioux City, Iowa. The agency is guided by a board of directors comprised of city and county-elected officials, representatives of the private sector and stakeholder organizations. SIMPCO collaborates with local governments in long-range strategic and comprehensive planning, community and economic development activities, transportation planning issues, and regional program management.