SIMPCO, in partnership with the City of Sioux City, has selected SRF Consulting and RDG Planning & Design to conduct a three-part Downtown Transportation Study. The guiding goal of the study is to conduct a comprehensive study for the safe and efficient movement of people, transit, bicycles, vehicles, and other means of transport across Downtown. The three main objectives of the study are:
- Identify the traffic flow and parking impacts of potentially converting 5th and 6th Streets to two-way streets, and develop recommendations to address impacts.
- Evaluate the skywalk system and make recommendations for improvements to increase pedestrian usage and enhance the downtown environment.
- Analyze the pedestrian network of downtown and make recommendations for improvements and connections.
See below for project updates and newsletters!
Please contact Erin Berzina for more information on this exciting project!
Informational Videos: Click the links below to view 5 video episodes introducing the study findings and discussing the downtown street network, pedestrian and skywalk networks, and consideration of incorporating bicycles into the network. After viewing the videos, please provide your comments here: https://tinyurl.com/Downtown-Study-Comments. You may also leave a voicemail with your comments by calling 712-224-8906. Comments will be passed to the consulting team and recorded within the final report.
- Episode 1: Plan Overview: https://vimeo.com/659742967/b564c7adab
- Episode 2: Developing Downtown Street Types: https://vimeo.com/659742984/a21cc4c2ed
- Episode 3: Street Network: https://vimeo.com/659743005/2e8655532a
- Episode 4: Pedestrian & Skywalk Networks: https://vimeo.com/659743023/24b610492e
- Episode 5: Downtown Bicycle Facility Concepts: https://vimeo.com/659743050/fd7396b626
January 10, 2022, City Council Presentation Slides:
- Newsletters\Newsletter #1.pdf: Newsletter #1 – January 2021
- Newsletters\Newsletter #2.pdf: Newsletter #2 – March 2021
Stakeholder Meeting Agendas:
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2020_8-12 Kickoff Meeting agenda.pdf: Kickoff Meeting – 8/12/2020
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2020_10-29 Second Meeting agenda.pdf: Second Meeting – 10/29/2020
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2021_1-20 Third Meeting agenda.pdf: Third Meeting – 1/20/2021
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2021 4-7 Fourth Meeting agenda.pdf: Fourth Meeting – 4/7/2021
Stakeholder Meeting Summaries:
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2020_8-12 Kickoff Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 8/12/2020 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2020\_10-29 Second Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 10/29/2020 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2021_1-20 Third Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 1/20/2021 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2021 4-7 Fourth Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 4/7/2021 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2021 6-22 Fourth Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 6/22/2021 meeting
Stakeholder Meeting Presentations:
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\8-12-20 Presentation Kickoff Meeting.pdf: Kickoff Meeting Presentation
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\10-29-20 Presentation for Second Meeting.pdf: Second Meeting Presentation
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\1-20-21 Presentation for Third Meeting.pdf: Third Meeting Presentation
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\4/7/21 Presentation for Fourth Meeting.pdf: Fourth Meeting Presentation // Skywalk Network Recommendations
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\6/22/21 Presentation for Fourth Meeting.pdf: Fifth Meeting Presentation
Regional Planning Director