SIMPCO, in partnership with the City of Sioux City, has selected SRF Consulting and RDG Planning & Design to conduct a three-part Downtown Transportation Study. The guiding goal of the study is to conduct a comprehensive study for the safe and efficient movement of people, transit bicycles, vehicles, and other means of transport across Downtown. The three main objectives of the study are:
- Identify the traffic flow and parking impacts of potentially converting 5th and 6th Streets to two-way streets, and develop recommendations to address impacts.
- Evaluate the skywalk system and make recommendations for improvements to increase pedestrian usage and enhance the downtown environment.
- Analyze the pedestrian network of downtown and make recommendations for improvements and connections.
See below for project updates and newsletters!
Please contact Alejandra Quintana or Erin Berzina for more information on this exciting project!
- Newsletters\Newsletter #1.pdf: Newsletter #1 – January 2021
- Newsletters\Newsletter #2.pdf: Newsletter #2 – March 2021
Stakeholder Meeting Agendas:
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2020_8-12 Kickoff Meeting agenda.pdf: Kickoff Meeting – 8/12/2020
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2020_10-29 Second Meeting agenda.pdf: Second Meeting – 10/29/2020
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2021_1-20 Third Meeting agenda.pdf: Third Meeting – 1/20/2021
- Stakeholder Group\Agendas\2021 4-7 Fourth Meeting agenda.pdf: Fourth Meeting – 4/7/2021
Stakeholder Meeting Summaries:
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2020_8-12 Kickoff Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 8/12/2020 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2020\_10-29 Second Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 10/29/2020 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2021_1-20 Third Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 1/20/2021 meeting
- Stakeholder Group\Minutes\2021 4-7 Fourth Meeting Summary.pdf: Summary – 4/7/2021 meeting
Stakeholder Meeting Presentations:
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\8-12-20 Presentation Kickoff Meeting.pdf: Kickoff Meeting Presentation
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\10-29-20 Presentation for Second Meeting.pdf: Second Meeting Presentation
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\1-20-21 Presentation for Third Meeting.pdf: Third Meeting Presentation
- Stakeholder Group\Presentations\4/7/21 Presentation for Fourth Meeting.pdf: Fourth Meeting Presentation
Alejandra Quintana Erin Berzina
Regional Planner Regional Planning Director