Success Story: SIMPCO collaborated with City and County officials to complete 2018 Comprehensive Plan for Ida Grove, Iowa
- The 2018 Ida Grove Comprehensive Plan was developed to provide a current inventory of community resources and a thoughtful statement of the community’s vision and goals for the future. The plan incorporated public participation and includes analysis of the following planning topics: Housing, Economic Development, Transportation, Community Facilities and Services, Land Use, and Natural Resources. The plan can inform grant applications, leverage funding for community projects, provide legal justification for community decisions, and ensure that local policies are in step with planning best practices.
- To implement the Comprehensive Plan goals and action steps identified in the following topics: Housing, Economic Development, Transportation, Community Facilities and Services, Land Use, and Natural Resources.
- Better understanding of community resources, vision and goals
- Identified goals and action steps for community betterment projects
- Facilitated collaborative efforts to enhance the community and quality of life in Ida Grove
Success Story: SIMPCO collaborated with County and City officials to complete a Rural Economic Development Strategic Plan for Dakota County, Nebraska
- The Dakota County Rural Economic Development Strategic Plan was structured to provide economic development strategies that are tailored towards prosperity, promoting commerce and industry, supporting business retention, recruitment, expansion, enhancing workforce development, and exploring select commercial and industrial sites.
- To create an economic development group amongst City officials, County officials, and leading businesses in Dakota County.
- Continue exploring potential commercial and industrial sites for future development.
- Stronger relationships and collaborative efforts amongst communities, businesses, and residents.
- Identified commercial and industrial sites for development.
- New businesses, a prospering economy, desirable working environment, and a unified County.
Keep with SIMPCO’s current projects by signing up for our Newsletter!
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017