Long Range Transportation Plans
A long-range transportation plan (LRTP) is a federally required element for the Metropolitan Planning Organization and a Iowa state requirement for the Siouxland Regional Planning Association (SRTPA – RPA 4). The federal requirements for the MPO is outline in 23 CFR § 450.324.
The LRTP plays an important role in outlining the existing status and future needs of the MPO and SRTPA planning area’s transportation system. It helps set the direction of planning efforts and programming investments. The LRTP evaluates demographic, economic, passenger, and freight forecasts to understand how anticipated growth or decline will interact with expected land use to impact the demands on the transportation system. Through the development of the plan, stakeholder involvement and public input is requested to help guide priorities and projects that will be submitted for federal/state funding at the MPO/SRTPA level.
For both the MPO and SRTPA, the LRTP is updated at least every fives years and has a planning horizon of 20 years.
In order to view any of these files, please download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
SIMPCO Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) FINAL 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (Approved on January 7, 2021 )
- Full Document
- Cover Page/Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Community Overview
- Chapter 3: Active Transportation
- Chapter 4: Transit Services
- Chapter 5: Streets & Highways
- Chapter 6: Intermodal Facilities
- Chapter 7: Environmental Impacts
- Chapter 8: Financial Summary
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Appendix D
SIMPCO staff will be holding a Public Input Meeting as an opportunity for the public to review and comment on the proposed 2045 LRTP amendments on June 13, 2023, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. This meeting will be held at SIMPCO (1122 Pierce Street, Sioux City, IA). Comments on the 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan amendments to Michelle Bostinelos, Executive Director, SIMPCO: (712) 279-6286 or by email at email@example.com. The public comment period ends on June 21, 2023.
Siouxland Regional Transportation Planning Association (SRTPA) 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (Approved November 21, 2019)
- Cover Page and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Goals and Objectives
- Chapter 3: Regional Backgrounds and Trends
- Chapter 4: Existing Regional Transportation System Strengths and Weaknesses
- Chapter 5: Planning and Environment
- Chapter 6: Future Regional Transportation Threats, Solutions and Alternatives
- Chapter 7: Implementing the Plan